Lockdown – Young People’s Photography Competition
We are living through extraordinary times and although our freedom of movement is currently limited, our freedom of expression isn’t. With this in mind, Torre Abbey Museum is excited to be working with the Royal Photographic Society (South West Branch) to run a young person’s photography competition inspired by the current lockdown and self-isolation.
HOW TO ENTER
We would like you to use your camera lens to provide a window into your world during the “Lockdown.” Torre Abbey Museum are looking for fun, or emotional or inspiring pictures that show how you and your family and even your pets are getting through these strange times. You can take pictures in your home or garden or things you can see from where you live. Or why not take pictures on your daily walk/exercise? Be as creative as you want, but please also be safe.
Once you have a photo you are happy with, ask your parent or guardian to submit your entry via email to: AbbeyLearning@torbay.gov.uk
All entries will be judged by the Royal Photographic Society SW Branch and a member of the Torre Abbey team.
The best pictures will be displayed in a virtual gallery on our social media during the lockdown. Then the winners will have their prints displayed in the galleries at Torre Abbey in the autumn (or at a later date should circumstances dictate) and you will also be invited to our very special Opening Party. Winners will also receive a Family Membership to Torre Abbey (valid for one year from when we reopen) and get a selection of prizes from the Royal Photographic Society. These will include free entry to a selection of their talks, meetings and special events and an annual membership for the Royal Photographic Society. Good luck everyone!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• The competition is open until Monday 31 August 2020 and suitable for ages up to 17 years old
• One photo per child to be submitted (please ensure name and age is included with entry)
• Photos can be taken on any device and can be colour, black and white, or you can use special effects
• We will assume that all submissions have the permissions of anyone featured in the photo (this is the responsibility of the applicant)
• By entering, you give permission for Torre Abbey and the Royal Photographic Society to feature the photo on their website and social media channels